Friday, October 11, 2013

Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)Madeleine Abducted by M.S. Willis

My rating: 5 out of 5 Sizzling Stars

5 blog stars

**Kindly received an arc from author for an honest review**

I was worried about reading this book - knowing it's a "dark read" - and this book is definitely not for the faint of heart - but I loved this book and so glad I took the time to read it.

Aaron's twisted/sick father takes Maddie, an introverted musician, from her quiet life and gives her as a "gift" to Aaron for his birthday. Aaron struggles with what he must do in order to keep Maddie alive and safe within the Estate. This story really made me struggle with actually liking Aaron as you see the dangerous, violent side of him (known as the Executioner), yet tending and caring for Maddie, struggling to keep her out of harm.

Maddie might have appeared weak and timid on the outside, but inside she was strong and resilient, knowing what she must do to survive. Her strength truly gets her through in the end.

I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to the next book and finding out more about Xander and his background.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment