Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Chronicles of Moxie by Z.B. Heller

The Chronicles of Moxie
 
Wow! Let me start by introducing Moxie to you
 
 
Now to tell you a little bit about her.  Currently she teaches kindergarten - and her best friend Renee works in the same school with her.  Her other best friend, Ryan, is gay, and when they first met she hit on him shamelessly.  Her mom died when she was young, and her step mother is always trying to get her married off and hounds her endlessly to lose weight.  She's independent, a little insecure and funny as hell!
 
When she first meets Miles, she just happens to be a little drunk...well, maybe more than a "little" drunk.  Here's what she thought when she saw him come into the bar...
 
"...even though I was drunk enough not to feel my feet, looking at this man made my cocoon of love stir and I wanted his caterpillar nestled in it."

 
So, she decides to approach Miles, take a survey, and leave him with a lasting impression that would scare off most of the male population.
 
Miles is new to town, a widower with a 5 year old son - who just so happens to show up to Moxie's class as a new student.  He's also more than surprised to see Moxie again - and that's when the sexual innuendo's and sparks start flying.  These two are more than smoking together - and the best part is he likes her just the way she is - especially with all her craziness.
 
There are so many parts in this book that totally had me laughing out loud and just cracked me up and made me smile.
 
"Moxie, you're going to give me a complex, looking at me like that."  "Sorry, I can't help it. I was trying to figure out the logistics of moving my organs around so that would fit inside of me."
 
Miles also had a sense of humor too - it wasn't all just Moxie...
 
"I would love to put my hot dog in your bun."
 
I hope I've hooked you on this book - I loved watching Moxie and Miles get to know each other - and all of the friends and family that joined in for the ride.  Moxie was such a charming character and I absolutely loved everything about her and this book.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment