Friday, June 27, 2014

Breaking Free by Alexis Noelle

Breaking Free
I love to throw in a shorter read in between all my longer, more in depth stories, but I usually don't expect much out of the story lines.  But Drew and Holly in Breaking Free caught me by surprise and captured my interest immediately - and had me totally loving this story.

Drew was definitely as described; self-centered, cocky, and definitely not prince charming.  He was dominating, controlling and protective.


Holly was just existing, still affected by an attack a few months ago.  She hadn't shared what had happened with friends and family and couldn't stand to be touched by anyone.  That was until Drew touched her.  With him she could be feel "free" and feel like she was "normal" again.

I love when a bad boy who doesn't do relationships falls face first for a girl. I loved how Drew might not have admitted his true feelings at first, even denied them - but his actions sure spoke volumes.
Holly had a lot to deal with - scared of what happened in the past, afraid to share it - even though she knew she'd have to tell Drew everything soon.  She just didn't know how he would handle it.  I felt her confusion as she struggled with what she was feeling, and if she was making the right decisions with her relationship with Drew or heading to another mistake that this time would totally destroy her.

I loved all the different characters in the story, especially Drew's sister and mom - who gave Holly some sage advice.  Holly just didn't know that it would really matter in the end.


If you need a shorter read - but with lots of depth and a great story - that includes a hot, sexy controlling guy - then definitely pick this one up for a great summer or anytime read!  I'm definitely going to be checking out this authors other books for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment