Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Promise (The 'Burg #5) by Kristen Ashley

The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)

When I thought about how the story of Benny and Frankie would play out, it wasn't totally what "The Promise" delivered,  Thankfully, it was way better, and that's why K.A. "rocks" as an author, and I just sit back and do the reading.


I try to think about why I love K.A.'s writing style so much, why her stories just grab me, keep hold of me, and stay with me for a long time - then make me read them all over again. We all know she writes the absolute best "Alpha Male" characters ever - no doubt about that. People magazine should do a spread of KA's hot Alpha men - now that would be a total sellout!! But, I think it's the total sum of all that's in her stories, that pulls me in. The way she incorporates family, whether is blood family, or friends who have become like family - into the heart of the story. It may not be the main theme, but their importance is no less relevant. Then of course there is the love story, that is the heart of the book. It's not always easy, has a lot of baggage, but it's strong and survives and I swear I can feel the love and passion coming from the words I'm reading on my kindle.


Benny and Frankie's story will not disappoint you - you will love it. You will get to experience the past with them, what's happening now as they try to figure out their relationship, and definitely "The Promise" of the what the future will hold for them. Your gut will twist, tears will fall, and your heart will smile. I have to say though, that my favorite part was getting another dose of Joe and Violet. Their rehearsal dinner, and the speech that was given will stay with me for a long time - it was that beautiful. Don't even give it a second thought as to whether you should read this book, it's a definite MUST read - and for me, a re-read! You'll never go wrong with a Kristen Ashley book!



No comments:

Post a Comment