Saturday, September 13, 2014

Worth the Fall (McKinney Brothers #1) by Claudia Connor - @Claudia__Connor

Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1)
Devoured. That's what I did with this book. I really had a hard time putting it down and go to work. I wanted to see if Matt would finally make his move. I wanted to know if Abby would be able to let herself be loved, and not be afraid of not being good enough, or having someone leave to never return. Then there were Abby's four kids, who I immediately fell in love with.  I wanted to see what cute thing they would say or do next, and watch them as they learned to love and trust Matt too.
Matt definitely got more than he bargained for on his trip to the beach when he met a pregnant Abby and her four amazing children.  He was immediately mesmerized by Abby's charming children and taken aback by Abby's beauty and kindness.  Too bad he had commitments that would only allow them a "friendship" during their week at the beach.  But, let me just say, the sexual tension between these two during this week was crazy!  I was screaming to myself "just kiss her already!!"

When they both get back to real life after their vacation is over, is when they truly realize just how much they've bonded and miss each other.  Even the kids can't get Matt off their minds - they want to see him again.  Between the distance, Matt's job and Abby's fear to let someone in - they have a lot to overcome to finally be together.

This was a sweet, beautiful love story that had me entranced the whole time. I think what made really fall for Matt was the way that he handled Abby's children.  He took great care with each of them separately, and totally opened his heart up to them along with Abby.  I totally fell in love with Matt, Abby, Annie, Jack, Gracie, Charlie and Baby Mary and I'm sure you will too.  Absolutely looking forward to the next book in this series!





No comments:

Post a Comment