Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TAUT: The Ford Book by J.A. Huss

TAUT: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)
This book was amazing.  After reading the prequel, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this book and Ford.  Seriously, he was kind of an ass in the prequel - I mean really, how can his pets stand to be treated like that?  No matter how sexy Ford was, it just seemed so cold.
 
But Taut, totally threw me for a loop.  It had me entranced throughout the entire book.  I loved how we got to see the "real" Ford.  We got to know more about his childhood, more about his relationship with his parents and friends, his feelings towards Rook, and why he treated woman the way he did.  We also got to see him have his walls torn down, see him speechless, and even see him smile.
 
 
 
And, for as much as I loved Ford - I loved Ashleigh even more.  Ashleigh is so real - she never pretends with Ford - she tells it like it is, and not in a harsh way - just her way.....  Even with all the heartache she had inside of her, she still continued forward, knowing Kate was the most important thing - and needed her care.  She wouldn't "settle" for anything for herself or for Kate.  She knew she wasn't worthless.

I don't want to give too much of this story away, but trust me - this was one of the best "road trips" ever.  A  truly beautiful story of two strangers, who end up helping each other heal and move on with their lives.  You will smile, sigh, laugh, roll your eyes and even cry on this trip - but you won't be sorry that you read this book!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment