Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Twelfth Night by Kallista Dane

Twelfth Night





Times have been tough for Kayla and Matt - not only financially but also things have changed in their marriage over the years. Christmas has come and deciding this year not to spend much on each other - just the kids, Kayla tries to think of a gift for Matt.  With a little thought and help from a stranger Kayla comes up with an idea -

 
“What I need to do is make an effort to give to him all year long, not just on Christmas Eve. Twelfth night…hmmm…twelve special evenings? Maybe it’s time to get past my inhibitions and give my husband some of the things he’s always wanted. Bob may be right. I don’t need money to make him happy.”
So Kayla gets some paper and envelopes and starts making Matt's present.



Meanwhile, Matt happens to meet the same stranger and gets his own ideas for a Christmas present for Kayla.
"Women want a real man, someone they can depend on. Someone they can respect. The stronger your woman is, the more she secretly craves a man who will take control. Don’t ever allow your wife to treat you poorly. There were times when I had to put Emily over my lap for a serious paddling – times when she lost her temper and raised her voice to me."


“You’d be surprised how a good apology – or occasionally a good spanking – can make for a great night later! By the way, my name is Bob.


Together they share their presents that end up lasting throughout the year and change the entire dynamics of their marriage along with the love and respect they have for each other.
I had no idea what this book was about when I went to read it - and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story and was so glad I took the time to read it.  It gives all of us in a relationship a good idea for gift to give from the heart for the one we love - whether we give gifts like Kayla and Matt or come up with our own ideas that will strengthen the bond with our significant other. 
"Don’t ever lose the romance, the passion.  It’s what will see you through the bad times.  The world outside your door may be cold and harsh, but when you’re in each other’s arms, you can make that whole world go away, even if it’s just for a little while.  Sometimes that’s enough to give you both the strength to go on when times are tough.”


No comments:

Post a Comment