Sunday, July 20, 2014

Restoring Hope by C.P. Smith

Restoring Hope

Nic and Hope were both struggling with two different issues - Nic the loss of a child, and Hope hiding from her past.  Both were skittish, and not wanting to open up to each other - trying to fight their attraction.  Luckily, Maman Rose knew what was best for them, and "helped" them see what was best for them.


I did enjoy the relationship with Nic and Hope, as they grew to know and trust each other, but there were other things that I think I liked more.  I loved the location of the story, New Orleans, and all the references to the area were perfect - not to mention, I felt like the "cajun" accent was brought out perfectly in the writing, making me feel like I was in New Orleans myself.

I absolutely adored Maman Rose - and how she just took Hope right under her wing and started looking out for her.  She had so many inspiring thoughts to share and encourage Hope with.  She made me wish I was a part of Maman Rose's "family".  There was also the cook, Big Daddy, who was exactly like a father figure - and then there was Hope's new friend, Abby - who was going to be her friend whether she liked it or not!  Everyone seemed to know what Hope needed so much more than she did - and they all took care to get her where she needed to be.  The characters in the story were just written so well that you couldn't help but fall in love with all of them except for one in particular, Nic's ex-wife, you will end up agreeing with me that she was a total bitch!


I have to say that I really enjoyed this story and I will definitely continue to
look forward to more books from C.P. Smith - as she has become one of my "must read" authors.  Definitely give this book a read, I don't think you will be disappointed at all.







No comments:

Post a Comment